Where are we now?
- Extensive review of the osteoporosis and moving and handling literature carried out in 2011.
- Completed qualitative research studies with healthcare professionals and people with osteoporosis in 2012-13. Preliminary findings reported at national and international conferences and in conference proceedings.
- Education intervention feasibility study with NHS staff completed in 2013.
- Undertaken further development work for the dissemination phase, specifically a complex education intervention and the Lydia Osteoporosis Project website/ niche social network, ‘going live’ November 2015.
- Papers being submitted to academic journals.
- Plans in place for a second Lydia Osteoporosis Project to commence during autumn 2015.
Please find further project details on the QMU website at:
http://www.qmu.ac.uk/hn/Lydia_Osteoporosis_Project.htm (last updated July 2015)